Teaching children to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.
IOANID Kindergarten offers the children who come here an environment where their safety, their well-being and harmonious development are of paramount importance.
The children have learning experiences that stimulate their curiosity and creativity, in a warm and relaxed atmosphere, yet a dynamic and stimulating one, based on mutual understanding and respect. These experiences are shaped in such a way as to allow all the children to discover their own identity, to develop a sound self-esteem and to become independent and responsible.
IOANID Kindergarten cherishes the parent-teacher partnership and encourages the active participation of the former in activities where children learn about diversity and the challenges of life.
- Modern EDUCATIONAL space. The setting especially designed to help children interaction, but also the acquirement of knowledge and healthy habits.
- TEACHING methods and techniques actively involving the children. The use of modern teaching techniques and creative educational games used in successful teaching.
- A team of professionals. A well prepared teaching staff, having both national and international experience, willing to offer guidance and support in the development of the little ones, brought together by the love for children.
- Healthy eating. The food is prepared daily in our own kitchen, according to a weekly designed menu that observes the principles of healthy eating according to the children’s age.
- The building is restored so as to keep its historical heritage, its unique architectural elements being meant to reaffirm the inestimable value of the artistic creations, symbolic for perfect beauty of arts and culture, for the beauty and elegance of the past.
- Classrooms with furniture and toys abiding by the international standards
- Sport/ dance / gym / Aikido room
- Music rooms
- Playground with outdoor toys set up in the yard of the kindergarten (in the vicinity of two parks)
- Foreign languages room
- Arts & crafts / Painting room
- Own kitchen
- Lunch room
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch and snack are prepared in the IOANID kitchen on the same day as when served, using fresh ingredients from carefully selected suppliers of organic produce. We offer a diverse and balanced menu, established together with the medical staff, observing the nutritional principles necessary for the proper development and growth of the child.
- The children are offered three meals a day. They have three delicious meals cooked in our own kitchen, from fresh 100% organic produce(AE).
- The children’s menus are designed weekly and they are so conceived as to observe all the principles of healthy eating regarding the balanced daily intake of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins.
- The children’s menu is designed by the nurse responsible for general care in our institution and is endorsed by the MD specialized in nutrition who is a permanent IOANID collaborator.
- Our kitchen is professionally equipped, all the food being cooked in a special oil-free oven.
In preparing meals, we use fresh ingredients provided by carefully selected suppliers on bio-nutrition criteria. We offer a varied and balanced menu, established with the help of healthcare professionals, respecting the necessary nutrition principles for the child`s best development and growth.
The purpose of these workshop courses is stimulating creativity, their capacity to express themselves and practicing different creative or academic techniques.